Looking for a good movie to watch on date night? You’re in luck! We have compiled a list of some of the best romantic comedies out there. From classics like The Notebook to newer releases like Crazy Rich Asians, we have something for everyone. So grab your significant other and get ready for a night of laughter and love!
What’s the best thing about movies? They’re almost guaranteed to put you in a good mood. And when it comes to date night, there are few things better than cuddling up with your significant other and watching one of your favorite romantic comedies. Whether you prefer modern releases like “Crazy Rich Asians” or classics like “The Notebook,” we’ve got you covered! Here are some of our recommendations for the best romantic comedies out there:
1. “The Notebook”: This 2004 film is a classic for a reason. Based on the bestselling novel by Nicholas Sparks, the movie tells the story of two young lovers who find their way back to each other despite seemingly insurmountable obstacles. Featuring moving performances by Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling, this film is sure to tug at your heartstrings.
2. “When Harry Met Sally”: Released in 1989, this romantic comedy still holds up today thanks to the winning duo of Meg Ryan and Billy Crystal as two friends who slowly fall in love after years of friendship. Featuring great chemistry between its leads and a witty script that’s fun to watch, this movie never fails to make us laugh and cry.
3. “Trainwreck”: If you’re looking for something a bit more modern, we recommend checking out the 2015 film “Trainwreck.” This raunchy rom-com stars Amy Schumer as an irresponsible woman who starts falling for her charming new doctor (played by Bill Hader). Directed by Judd Apatow and written by Schumer, this movie is every bit as hilarious and heartfelt as it is irreverent.
4. “When We First Met”: Released in 2018, “When We First Met” tells the story of a lonely photographer who meets the girl of his dreams at a party, only to be cruelly rejected. Years later, he finds himself transported back in time to the moment when their relationship could’ve begun—and tries again. Featuring an ensemble cast full of up-and-coming stars like Adam Devine and Alexandra Daddario, this film is one you won’t want to miss out on!
5. “Crazy Rich Asians”: Finally, there’s “Crazy Rich Asians,” one of the biggest rom-coms to hit theaters in recent years. Released in 2018, this film tells the story of a young American woman (played by Constance Wu) who travels to Asia with her boyfriend only to discover that he has a wealthy family and is expected to settle down into an arranged marriage. Featuring great performances from its incredible cast and a refreshing take on the romantic comedy genre, this movie is definitely worth checking out!
So what are you waiting for? Grab your partner, pick out a few movies from our list, and get ready for a night of laughter and love! Whether you’re looking for something old or new, we hope you find exactly what you’re looking for. Happy watching!