There’s no doubt that traveling is a great way to experience new cultures and see the world. But sometimes, the most interesting places to visit are the ones that are a little bit stranger than the rest. In this blog post, we will explore some of the weirdest places to travel to on earth. From a town made entirely of salt to an island covered in plastic bags, you’ll be surprised at just how strange some of these destinations can be.
So if you’re looking for an adventure that’s a little bit out of the ordinary, read on to learn about some of the weirdest places to travel.
1. The Island of dolls in Mexico is exactly what it sounds like – an island covered in dolls. It’s a small, uninhabited island near Mexico City, and it’s said that the dolls were left there by a young girl who died on the island. Now, the dolls are starting to rot and decompose, giving the island an even creepier vibe.
2. The world’s largest salt flat can be found in Bolivia. The Salar de Uyuni is more than 11,000 square kilometers in size, and it’s made entirely of salt. The flats are so vast and flat that they often create optical illusions, making them a popular destination for photographers.
3. The Catacombs of Paris are a network of tunnels and caves that were used to bury the dead during the French Revolution. Over 6 million people have been buried in the catacombs, and it’s now one of Paris’ most popular tourist destinations.
4. The Namib Desert is a vast desert located in Namibia, Africa. It’s considered to be one of the most hostile environments on earth, with temperatures that often exceed 50 degrees Celsius. But despite the harsh conditions, the Namib Desert is home to some of the most interesting wildlife on the planet.
5. Gunkanjima is a small island located about 15 kilometers from Nagasaki, Japan. It was once home to a thriving coal mine, but when the mine closed down in 1974, the island was abandoned. Since then, Gunkanjima has become a popular destination for urban explorers and photographers.
As you can see, there are some pretty strange places to visit on earth. If you’re looking for an adventure that’s a little bit out of the ordinary, be sure to check out some of these destinations. Who knows – you might just find your new favorite travel destination!